Sunday 6 December 2009

Midnight new moon

At last the anticipation is over, the sleepless nights and the day dreaming can end as finally Summit entertainment have blessed our screens with the latest in the Twilight franchise. Now here’s an emergency for the plastic; pre booking tickets to the first showing. Gathering up my other twilighters we all embrace our inner child. Now with my mix up in hand I look around expecting to find screaming teenage girls, therefore imagine my surprise when the chair in front is engulfed by a man who would not look out of place in a football crowd. I breathe a sigh of relief that I didn’t fully indulge my hysteria over the franchise and buy the team Edward t-shirt. Thank god I listened to the incessant complaints concerning my obsession and their growing embarrassment. However it has led me to ponder; is movie slogan clothing the epitome of geek or chic?

For men it has become socially acceptable to resemble Peter Parker mid change and present the new style smasual, via men overheard in More magazine; however for women the overall effect is rather different. Although in fairness superman and batman have become cult classics; widely recognised by their signature colours and logos. For women movie slogan t-shirts merely announce to the public your bad taste in films or a blatant attempt to relive your childhood. Therefore time to keep the t-shirt for my many home viewings of the DVD when it comes out and keep my obsession to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment