Monday 23 November 2009

The Journey

At last I escape the billowing winds of the North Pole, suffocating grey surrounds and embark on a journey home. But alas my voyage is halted by the ever changing movie set that has become my home. Now transformed into warning to all others that Global Warming is upon us. While I leave Denis Quaid to save the others I trudge on in search of a way out of The Day After Tomorrow. Through pelting rain and mysterious fog the replacement bus meanders through the winding coast. Into a car park we pull without the slightest hint of direction we are thrust out on to the street and look upon the dazzling sights of Arbroath, well compared to Aberdeen, and are left to ponder our fate. However as quickly as it began, our epic bus journey is caught short as we pick up the train further down the line and continue on our way. So with the dread and mystery of the journey deflated I am left to ponder the unique situation I am about to enter. Gone are the micro meals and dodgy showers and now it is time to appreciate the home comforts that I recklessly abandoned in search of freedom.

One week of home cooked meals and personal laundry system have me considering other benefits that arise from staying at the 5 star hotel. Suddenly the pound signs rise and the inevitable happens; I begin online shopping. Well what’s a fashion student to do when she saves money on food but to buy new clothes. Already planning ahead; dazzling winter boots cloud my vision and suddenly I have hounded every online retailer in search of the perfect pair. The smooth and sleek over the knee boots cry out to me from the monitor screen instantly reminding me of the previous struggle in River Island. Grasping at the boot in panic as I realise blue eyes is not the only thing I inherited from my mother but the genetic gene also pass on the inability to fit my calves into anything that wasn’t designed for the Hulk. Banishing the negative thoughts from my head I settle on the ever practical ankle boots and I am suddenly in a brighter mood with a slight skip in my step. The also find another benefit of being home which is the hope that your parents will take pity on your shabby collection of attire and insist upon replacing them. Well of course if it will make them happier then I will more than welcome the new additions to my wardrobe. I also will endeavour to resemble a tramp for the next trip home, just because of the happiness it brings them of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment