Monday 7 December 2009

Unwanted guests?

Just as things as Alcatraz start to calm down another problem arises, with the constant visits of our fellow prisoner’s boyfriend. If the snoring isn’t enough to get us clawing at the plasterboard walls then his painful attempt at Brim Full of Asha is. After another evening enduring his various vocal achievements, whilst asleep, I begin to notice signs of insanity. Picturing myself beating him to death with a Cornershop CD has led me to the conclusion that all is not right. Calming down slightly I begin to focus on constructive ways to vent out my frustration without causing a massacre, well for now at least. Breathing deeply I decide that the best way to combat the anger is to clean my room, as loudly as possible in the vain attempt to inflict discomfort upon the banshees in the other room. Whilst I slam books on to the shelf and watch Twilight ricochet off the wall I am oddly pleased with myself. Now with my room in more of a mess from when I started I resign myself to some actual cleaning. Hanging each necklace back upon their individual hooks it becomes therapeutic and calming. Now with a serene aura surrounding me I begin to think that a change of scenery will do me the world of good. Slapping on the make-up I begin the dissent down the plethora of stairwells into the doom and gloom of Aberdeen.

Whilst walking through the synthetic brightness of the Bon Accord Centre the warm glow of the shops draw me in like a moth to a flame or in this case a fashion student to a silver sequin blazer. After many hours in shopping bliss I leave having picked my Christmas wish list and a few ideas for family and friends. So now with the perfect coat and dress on its way to being wrapped under my Christmas tree, I realise that all is not lost with the day from hell and that in fact has been quite productive. Following my euphony I decide to buy some earplugs and let his singing dream stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment