Wednesday 16 December 2009

Dress Disaster

Glaring at the mirror before me I take in the spangled disaster that is currently being marketed as a Christmas party dress. I quickly realise that every item I have taken into the changing room in the vain attempt to get in the Christmas spirit will transform my reflection into a glaring combination of satin and random tree decorations. After finding my search for the perfect party dress has become my own Everest I become delirious; days without water, I wander aimlessly through nondescript racks of clothing desperately clinging on to my humanity. No amount of sarcasm though can distract me from the dull ache that is present after an unproductive shopping excursion. For me a shopping trip can only end one way: with lots of bags. Window shopping for me is as disappointing as smudging newly painted nail and extremely frustrating.

A solution has been found though. Unbeknown to me, simply by placing your newly painted nails into a sink full of cold water will quicken the drying process. Thus leaving your nails chip free and keeping my face wrinkle free. Oh no not a solution in regards to climbing that glittery mountain. On the dress front there is no such miracle, back to black as Amy Winehouse once said and to the classic LBD I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment